Having healthy and smooth skin is everyone’s dream. Moisturizing is essential, no matter what is your skin type.
Dry skin needs more care, where you also need to take care of the oily and combination skin.
And let’s not forget a healthy skin gives you a mental boost too. Not only moisturizers, but our skin also needs vitamins and serums to maintain a healthy balance.
In winter, black skin gets more sensitive. With extreme cold weather, their skin tends to be super dry So don’t neglect your skin, as this can lead to a severe health issue. Tanning lotion for sensitive skin reviews can be a good read for you.
There are quite a few lotions that can get back the moisture and lock it in your body. You just need to find the perfect, suitable cream for you. Check our article on the drugstore setting powder for oily skin as well.
- 6 Best Lotions for Black Skin -Comparison Chart 
- 6 Best Lotions for Black Skin Reviews 
- 1. Gold Bond Ultimate Radiance Renewal for Visibly Dry Skin Lotion
- 2. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion with Soothing Oat and Rich Emollients to Nourish Dry Skin, Fragrance-Free
- 3. NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
- 4. KIEHL’S CREME DE CORPS
- 5. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
- 6. Jack Black – Cool Moisture Body Lotion
- How to choose the best lotion?
6 Best Lotions for Black Skin -Comparison Chart 
6 Best Lotions for Black Skin Reviews 
- Gold Bond Ultimate Radiance Renewal for Visibly Dry Skin Lotion
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion with Soothing Oat and Rich Emollients to Nourish Dry Skin, Fragrance-Free
- NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
- KIEHL’S CREME DE CORPS
- The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
- Jack Black – Cool Moisture Body Lotion
This is one of the best body moisturizers for black skin in the market. The product is made from a blend of moisturizing oils like shea butter, coconut oil, and cocoa butter.
These ingredients will you rich moisture and give a silky smooth texture. Radiance renewal provides exfoliation and moisturizes both.
So it doesn’t give you an ashy look. It prevents visible dryness and provides a soft feel the whole day.
Also, it includes a certain amount of SPF to block the sun rays effectively. On the other hand, this solution is free from all types of harsh chemicals, artificial fragrance, and perfect for the deep dark skin.
For its overall performance along with the active ingredients make it one of the most adorable lotions and got the dermatologist approval.
- Enriched with a creamy formula and gives the ultimate smooth skin.
- Locks the moisture for an extended period.
- Oils and vitamins give treatment to flaky, ashy skin.
- It has a light, pleasant scent.
- It has a thick texture and sometimes hard to blend.
- The amount is not enough
- It can feel sticky to some people
2. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion with Soothing Oat and Rich Emollients to Nourish Dry Skin, Fragrance-Free
This body lotion gives moisture to your skin 24 hours a day. It has an oatmeal formula that offers a healthy-looking complexion.
It absorbs into the skin quickly; you won’t have a greasy feeling. Deep moisture works to prevent dryness and softens your skin.
This is a fragrance-free lotion and best for daily use. This item is formulated with Active Naturals Colloidal Oatmeal and rich emollients that give the smooth feeling to extreme dry skins too.
Oats also help to maintain the PH balance of your skin that is very useful for people with dry skin as black skins are more prone to dryness. This can be a great choice.
- Oat Is a vibrant ingredient for dry skin people. That makes this item a perfect choice for them.
- Works great for people with hyperpigmentation or eczema.
- The texture is very light; you won’t feel the heaviness.
- It doesn’t have any scent.
- The packaging is not good. It can leak if you don’t use it carefully.
- For oily skin people, it might feel a bit tacky.
This lotion is specially designed for black skin people with extreme dryness. This item contains moisture serums that go deep into the skin and restores the natural moisture.
For extra moisture, apply the lotion with wet hands. This will make the skin absorb the cream quickly and perform deep nourishing.
Almond oil is also a prime ingredient of this lotion that acts well on flaky surfaces.
- Almond oil nourishes your skin.
- You will see the change to your skin in just one use.
- It gives deep moisture to your body.
- The packaging is not travel-friendly.
- It can feel heavy and thick to some skin.
This crème has medium thickness but still blends in your skin smoothly. It also has nut oils and proteins that give extra smoothness to the skin and will provide you gorgeous glowing skin.
Another crucial point is, this premium quality skin whitening cream comes with a bunch of benefits. Here you will enjoy the fastest skin lightening formula to get the appealing chocolate skin tone. Also, you will love its ultra-durable effect.
It absorbs fast and keeps the moisture for a couple of hours. This is an excellent choice for combination skin people.
- The rich nut oils give extra hydration to the skin.
- Good for combination skin
- The price is very high
- It has a medium thickness so that it might feel heavy to some people.
As most of the body butter gives extra nourishment to the skin, this one is no different. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter line feels exotic.
The deep hydration body butter with a warm, seductive smell can be an excellent choice for people who love exotic fragrances in their body products.
It has a creamy and silky texture. It is suitable for dry to extra dry skin as it provides up to 48 hours of ultra-rich moisture.
- Blends very smoothly.
- It has an exotic smell.
- Gives deep hydration.
- It’s very costly.
- Not for oily skin people.
Apart from lightening your deep toned body to the appealing chocolate color, you can also use it as an ideal moisturizer. Yes! The cool moisture body lotion penetrates your skin and gives smooth and deep hydration, leaving a luxurious softness.
If your skin is dry or overheated, then cool and fast penetrating lotions provide the proper treatment that your body needs.
This body lotion has oils and vitamins that nourish your skin and gives a silky smooth, flawless body.
Macadamia oil is one of the vital ingredients of this lotion that helps to get into the deeper layer of your skin.
It protects the skin cells from radical damage. Jojoba oil softens and moistures your skin.
It has menthol so that you will get a refreshing feeling. Plus, glycerin will help replenish and maintain the skin moisture level.
(Beside the black skin, the item is also applicable for the brown skin)
- It has high-quality ingredients.
- Paraben-free and dependable beauty balm
- It provides extra softness to your skin.
- This item is very costly.
- It has a strong smell.
- The packaging is not travel-friendly.
How to choose the best lotion?
For black skin, some key factors are necessary to keep in mind while choosing a suitable lotion. Like what type of skin you have, any skin problem you already have, or what is your aim to achieve, etc.
Just take your time and analyze what you need the most. Some lotions might leave your skin greasy, and some may leave your skin dry. So look for what concerns you have to fulfill.
Things to look for
Best lotion for dry skin
If your concern is dryness and dehydration, then look for creams that have glycerin, dimethicone, and shea butter. These will give your skin deep nourishment and also will lock the moisture for an extended period.
Best lotion for sensitive skin
Sensitive skins are prone to rashes and allergies. Look for products that have natural and minimal ingredients. As your skin is sensitive, it’s better to use fewer ingredient products. You can check deodorant for sensitive skin reviews.
Hyperpigmentation is very common in black skin. Products with anti-inflammatory products are suitable for people with eczema. As they will clam your skin.
Oily and Acne-Prone Skin
Find oil-free products. As acne-prone skins produce more oils, we don’t want any lotion that will give extra fat to your skin.
It is a wise decision to choose a lotion that absorbs into the skin quickly. Look for products that have a quick-absorbing rate.
We must also consider SPF (Sun Protection Factor) in our lotion. Harmful UV rays can cause different issues like – Skin cancer, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation. Buy lotions that have SPF in it.
With pollutions and UV rays, our skin is prone to damages, dark spots, skin discoloration, and even skin cancer.
All products listed above in the article can help you to overcome all these issues. Choose any of the products according to your concern. Use lotions to your daily skincare routine and have healthy and soft skin.
Skin is an essential part of our body, and a perfect nourished skin will give you confidence for sure.