Who doesn’t love a warm glow on the skin? A perfect tan on your body can give you an attractive look.
We put a lot of effort to get the best tan, but how to extend the lifespan so that it does not wear off quickly.
All of my summer-loving girls, I can hear you scream! You can find lots of tanning products in the market but how can you make it last for a long time, This is what we are going to find out in this post.
The best tan extender lotion is made of natural oil and other essentials like vitamins, fatty acids, and moisturizers which boost the skin’s ability to retain moisture and make a natural barrier.
Lotions that are used after tanning usually have plenty of antioxidants to prevent photo-aging. These include vitamins C and E.
You can also check the tanning solution reviews for great items.
- 5 Best Tan Extender Lotion Comparison Chart :
- 6 Best Tan Extender Lotion Reviews :
- 1. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless After Sun Gel Lotion With Hydrating Aloe And Gel Ribbons
- 2. Australian Gold Moisture Lock Tan Extender Moisturizer Lotion, Enriched with Aloe & Vitamin E
- 3. Australian Gold DARK TANNING ACCELERATOR Lotion
- 4. California Tan Extender with Bronzers, 6 Ounce | Enhances & Protects Tan for Both Sunless and UV Results
- 5. Australian Gold Hemp Nation Moisturizing Tan Extender Lotion, Hemp Seed Oil, Vanilla Pineapple
- 6. Solar Recover – After Sun Moisturizing Spray (12 Ounce) – Hydrating Facial and Body Mist
- Which one is best for you
- The Best Self Tanner for You
- Things to look for
- Best ways to use
- Is tanning really safe?
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
5 Best Tan Extender Lotion Comparison Chart :
6 Best Tan Extender Lotion Reviews :
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless After Sun Gel Lotion With Hydrating Aloe And Gel Ribbons
- Australian Gold Moisture Lock Tan Extender Moisturizer Lotion, Enriched with Aloe & Vitamin E
- Australian Gold DARK TANNING ACCELERATOR Lotion
- California Tan Extender with Bronzers, 6 Ounce | Enhances & Protects Tan for Both Sunless and UV Results
- Australian Gold Hemp Nation Moisturizing Tan Extender Lotion, Hemp Seed Oil, Vanilla Pineapple
- Solar Recover – After Sun Moisturizing Spray (12 Ounce) – Hydrating Facial and Body Mist
1. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless After Sun Gel Lotion With Hydrating Aloe And Gel Ribbons
The first thing I love about this product that it is its budget-friendly. This drugstore product is as effective as any high-end brand’s.
It wasn’t greasy and got absorbed quickly into my skin. It has a very lightweight and smooth texture which I loved. It will blend into your skin perfectly.
This lotion has aloe, that gives smooth and hydrating skin. It has a coconut and papaya smell. It has a pleasant smell that many will fall in love with.
And most importantly, this product doesn’t have oxybenzone and octinoxate.
The rich amount of SPF in it prevents sun damage with the ultimate protection. It includes a vast amount of other natural ingredients to get the ever-younger skin along with the bronzy look.
This solution helps to maximize melanin production and works as a reliable dark spot corrector. Also, you can mask acne, fine line, wrinkles, and other blemishes.
It will preserve your tan very well. The 24-hour moisture and longevity of the lotion make it a perfect choice for a tan extender.
- Lightweight and very moisturizing. Absorbs in the skin very quickly.
- It doesn’t feel greasy.
- It has a very light smell, that doesn’t bother you at all.
- A skincare product
- Enhances collagen production
- Free from harsh chemical peels
- A bit pricey in terms of quantity.
- For sensitive skin people, it can burn your skin too quickly. Use pure aloe gel to calm the sunburn down.
2. Australian Gold Moisture Lock Tan Extender Moisturizer Lotion, Enriched with Aloe & Vitamin E
This one is a summer must have and i just love the smell.
This moisture lock has aloe in it. The lotion will lock the moisture and will last your tan for a longer period of time. Vitamin E will nourish your skin and give a silky smooth texture.
It consists of panthenol, which is a pro-vitamin B5. For calming your skin and make it smooth, there is no alternate for this ingredient. The consistency is light and will absorb fast.
You won’t feel greasiness. This item also has an Australian gold signature fragrance which is very popular and iconic among people.
This one is a perfect solution to use after tanning bed.
- Softens skin.
- It is a good moisturizer maintainer solution.
- The consistency is good and absorbs in the skin quickly
- It smells like artificial orange. It might be very strong to some. If you are sensitive to the strong smell, then don’t use it.
- The packaging is not good.
- Technically it is a moisturizer, not a sun tanning lotion.
This tanning accelerator is the most popular one and sold widely. It is user-friendly and very popular among beginners as it is easy to use.
It has a great scent, the formula help nourish your skin and gives an excellent tan in only a couple of sessions.
It has Vitamin A and E in it which will ensure softer and smooth skin after tan.
The tanning process might make your skin rough and you might also get rashes. These vitamins will cool your skin down and will lock the moisture.
This item smells amazing. It has the classic Australian Gold Cocoa smell which will give you a spa-like feeling.
This lotion comes in its signature dark brown bottle and yellow/orange cap and the little koala on the front. I just love the packaging and unique scent .
- It has vitamin A and E in it.
- Smells like cocoa.
- Easy to use. A perfect choice for beginners.
- Very moisturizing.
- Gives the appealing sun-kissed glow
- Not for people with sensitive skin. It might stain your skin.
- The description in the bottle doesn’t explain much. It contains self-tanner.
- The packaging is not good.
4. California Tan Extender with Bronzers, 6 Ounce | Enhances & Protects Tan for Both Sunless and UV Results
If you want to have that California tan in your skin, then this is the perfect tanning solution for you. It will extend your perfect bronze glow.
It consists of Aloe vera, sunflower oil, and shea butter which will provide a lavish skin.
Also, it combines DHA and erythrulose, which help to get a darker tan. Moreover, you will love its super hydrating formula to recover the damaged dry skin.
This item has a unique technology that will reduce the odors at the source. So you won’t be bothered with the fragrance. This tan extender works well with both sunless and sun exposure tan.
(You will feel the appealing bronzy effect)
- The color is very warm and beautiful. It will give you a beautiful bronze glow.
- Easy to use.
- Moisture lock performance
- It can be streaky. If you don’t have pale skin, then carefully choose the amount before applying.
- It doesn’t last for a long time.
Vanilla, pineapple, and tropical fruit blending will give you enzymes and antioxidants will help to reduce the signs of aging. These items also help to increase elasticity and reduce wrinkles from the skin.
Pure hemp seed oil will ensure total hydration for your tan body and lock the moisture in your skin. Shea butter, jojoba oil will enrich your skin with amino acids and will give deep hydration.
This tan extender lotion has Vitamin E and B5 which will protect your skin from the signs of aging. This item is also paraben-free.
- Deeply hydrates and removes signs of aging.
- Pure Hemp seed oil will balance fatty and amino acids in your skin.
- The smell is very pleasant.
- Poor Packaging
- For some, the smell can be overpowering.
- It has a thick consistency.
- One bottle doesn’t go a long way. The quantity is not enough.
6. Solar Recover – After Sun Moisturizing Spray (12 Ounce) – Hydrating Facial and Body Mist
As this item is a spray so it has water type consistency. It will absorb in your skin very fast. It has all-natural ingredients, so you won’t be worried about chemical reactions.
It will give your relief from sunburn and also will maintain healthy skin. It has sesame oil, lavender oil, sandalwood oil, and chamomile oil.
These oils will give you absolute hydration and will provide smooth skin. (Extremely effective for dry skin)
This item also has Vitamin E, which you all know is best for anti-aging. Solar recover is cruelty-free, which makes another plus point for choosing as a tan extender spray.
- Made with all-natural ingredients.
- Gives you sunburn relief and the attractive glow
- Works well on very dry skin too.
- Recommended for the daily use
- It has a watery texture. So some can find it difficult to use.
- Some can find the smell strong.
- Some can notice feeling effect after using it.
Which one is best for you
You can do tanning in two ways: outdoor or indoor. For outdoor, you will be going out and enjoy the sun and let your skin to sun exposure.
You don’t need any extra tanning solution, but some sunscreen to put on. As they will protect from the harmful UV rays.
The other way is indoor tanning or sunless tanning. In this process, you will need a tanning bed to get the golden brown look.
You can find these in a tanning salon. Indoor tanning is safe as tanning beds only use UVA rays, which doesn’t increase the melanin of your skin.
Also, keep your skin tone in mind. How much tan you want to look will play a big part.
Tan extender will help you to make your tan last longer. Also, tan extenders will retain the moisture that gets lower after getting tan.
Tan extenders also give you extra nutrients and vitamins.
The Best Self Tanner for You
You can find a lot of self – tanning products in the market. Creams, sprays, lotions, mousses are few of the popular ones.
In recent years, body bronzers have become so much popular. It will give your skin a California tan. Other than that mousses are very popular.
They take less amount of time to dry and gives a darker tan. Lotions are popular too. They are easy to use and suitable for beginners.
Sprays are not very user friendly. You need someone to help you out, as it will be difficult for you to spray on your back.
So choose the most convenient product for yourself. Tan accelerators will stimulate the melanin in your skin.
So you will get perfect suntan with help of these tan extenders.
Things to look for
The drying time will vary from product to product. Some will take minutes and some will take hours to work.
Choose whatever is convenient for you. A product that takes less time to dry is preferable to everyone.
Self-tanning products can smell strong. Some are so harsh that they stay on your clothes for a good amount of time. So when you go for shopping these products, try to check the scent.
Tanning products can stain your clothes, towels, etc. So keep that in mind. We don’t want to ruin our stuff right?
Best ways to use
- Use a body scrub to exfoliate your body. Especially the dry areas. For a perfect tab body, your skin needs to be smooth.
- Be careful of how much you use. Use the product in such an amount that the tan compliments your skin.
- Use a bit more tanning product in the area where your skin is a bit thick, like elbows, knees, etc.
- Don’t use a moisturizer after the shower. A moisturizer will prevent the tanning product to work properly.
- Take time off when you plan for self-tanning. Sweating or exposing yourself to water will just ruin everything.
Is tanning really safe?
With all the pollution and harmful UV rays coming towards us, regular tanning can be harmful. If you are planning to the beach for tanning regularly, it may harm your skin. Thus people prefer base tan.
Now, what is a base tan? It is similar to put sunscreen before exposing yourself on the sun.
It is simply having a light tan before going out in the sun. Like if you are planning for a beach tan, then a few days before you can do a light tan, so the rays can do less harm to your skin.
Too much tanning can cause skin cancer eventually. So starting tanning at an early age is not a good choice.
Consider the following things while tanning:
- Always use sunscreen when you are under the sun. Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
- Hydrate yourself. Drink water, juice, etc.
- Don’t fall asleep or drink alcohol. As drinking alcohol will dehydrate your body.
- Don’t start tanning at an early age.
- Use after tanning lotions after you get a tan. Look for an ingredient like rosehip oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, etc. Use items that are enriched with vitamin C , E and B complex. Vitamin C prevents skin cancer.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
Q: Is there any side effect of hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid, (Also called hyaluronan) is a glossy element that naturally generates on your body.
Typically, it founds in skin areas, eyes, and connective tissues. Its main application is retaining water to give your tissues well-hydrated and lubricated as well.
However, in high-quality lotion or serum, manufacturers provide a certain amount of hyaluronic acid.
On the other hand, the excess amount of this item comes in severe side-effects. It can cause the following issues.
After reviewing the above items, my choice would be Australian Gold DARK TANNING ACCELERATOR Lotion.
First of all, it has aloe and vitamin E in it. Aloe soothes and calms down your skin. Nothing can beat aloe in that particular area.
It is very moisturizing, yet doesn’t feel heavy on your skin. Has a very light consistency.
It smells like cocoa, which is a very pleasant smell. You can use it easily. So it makes a perfect choice for beginners.
If you went through micro-needling recently, use the best cream to use after micro needling.