Tanning on men looks equally attractive as women’s. But you can’t just put on some tanning product and get tanned. You need to do it correctly and follow a few guidelines. Otherwise, your plans to look attractive can turn into a disaster.
Lots of people hate the idea of being under the sun for hours. But thankfully, there are few right quality products dedicated to men. They are designed to suit men’s skin type and nature. Tanning lotion for tattoos can be a lifesaver.
These lotions speed up the tanning and also protects the body from harmful UV rays. For men’s tanning lotions, the first requirement is it should not smell girly, isn’t that obvious??
Secondly, they should not have a slimy or greasy texture. Plus, the lotions need to have a nice texture that blends into the skin. Men have thick skin comparing to women. So, when you are indoor, use best indoor tanning lotions for men.
So the lotions need to be in a liquid texture that smoothly goes deep into the skin. You can also check the article on best lotion for black skin.
- 6 Best Tanning Lotions for Men Comparison Chart
- 6 Best Tanning Lotions for Men Reviews 
- 1. Millennium Tanning Products Solid Black Bronzer
- 2. Devoted Creations – H.I.M. TITANIUM Bronzer
- 3. Gentlemen G Natural Bronzer – Men’s Tanning Lotion
- 4. Hempz MEN EXCLUSIVE BLACK BRONZER
- 5. Ed Hardy Black Reserve Bronzer Tanning Lotion By Tanovations
- 6. Die Hard Black Ed Hardy Maximum Bronzing Indoor Tanning Lotion
- Type of tanning lotion for men
- Why tanning lotion is a better choice?
- Key factors to consider before selecting tanning lotion
6 Best Tanning Lotions for Men Comparison Chart
6 Best Tanning Lotions for Men Reviews 
- Millennium Tanning Products Solid Black Bronzer
- Devoted Creations – H.I.M. TITANIUM Bronzer
- Gentlemen G Natural Bronzer – Men’s Tanning Lotion
- Hempz MEN EXCLUSIVE BLACK BRONZER
- Ed Hardy Black Reserve Bronzer Tanning Lotion By Tanovations
This lotion is different from your other tanning lotions. It has a different thickness and texture.
This lotion has ultra-extra advanced 100x silicon bronzer, that helps you to get a fast tan.
This lotion also has auto-darkening tan technology. It ensures extra effectiveness.
It has rich natural ingredients that provide that your skin gets extra hydration. The lotion goes deep in your skin and moisturizes your body.
- It has auto-darkening technology.
- It dries out quickly.
- It gives fast tan.
- It consists of ultra-advanced silicon bronzer.
- You have to use it with a tanning bed.
- It has a strong smell.
- You have to make sure the lotion is applied evenly.
This devoted creations bronzer has a lightweight formula. It doesn’t feel sticky on the skin and blends seamlessly.
It also protects your tattoos. You don’t have to worry about your tattoos, as it will protect and also compliment it with the bronze tan you get.
This lotion also has deodorizing properties that ensure you keep smelling fresh. This product also contains avocado extracts, which minimizes red pigments as you get from sunburn.
- It is specially designed for sensitive skin.
- It has a deodorizing formula.
- It provides an ultra-dark bronze color.
- The formula is lightweight.
- The packaging is travel-friendly.
- The smell can be overpowering.
- It can feel greasy to oily skin people.
This lotion has a coconut water based; it ensures your skin get hydration and moisture.
The base also helps streak-free application and help you to put the lotion evenly. Also, with the base, your coverage gets maximized.
This product also protects your tattoos from fading once you get tanned. There is an herb called Tiger-grass that is present in this lotion.
It helps to give protection to the ink art. The cell-active complex helps to moisturize men’s skin.
- It is made with natural ingredients.
- This lotion gives you instant and streak-free bronze.
- This item has tattoo fade protection.
- This is only for indoor tanning.
- It has a strong smell.
- The price is high.
Hempz men black bronzer is another popular tanning lotion. This lotion has an anti-aging formula that consists of vitamin, green tea, willow bark extract. It also protects tattoos.
The lotion has minerals, algae, and aloe, which provides protection to your tattoos. It is a vegan product and also doesn’t contain sulfates.
The ultra-dark bronzers blend with DHA and give instant and dramatic dark tan. It has a lightweight formula and quickly absorbs in your skin.
- It gives instant tan.
- This lotion has an anti-aging formula.
- It also has tattoo protection.
- This lotion is paraben-free.
- The coverage is not full.
- It can stain your hands.
- The smell is not pleasant.
This lotion is packed with dark bronzing ingredients and pigment-producing simulators.
This lotion also enriched with hemp seed oil, which helps to lock the moisture in your skin.
It also has a cranberry smell, that hides the chemically tanning smell of the lotion.
It has a thick consistency so that the lotion will give a moisturizing effect to your skin. The dark bronzing ingredients will provide a nice dark tan to your body.
- Hemp seed oil locks the moisture of your body.
- It gives a fast tan.
- The pigment producing simulators work fast.
- It can leave orange streaks.
- The smell is not pleasant.
The die-hard black bronzing lotion has bronzers and melanin activators. With these blends, you get a dark tan, that deepens your natural skin to its darkest shade.
This lotion is formulated with an anti-aging formula that removes the signs of aging. Hemp seed, macadamia oil nourishes your skin and gives an extra boost to your hydration level.
It also contains green tea extracts that remove stretch marks and blemishes. These ingredients also tighten your skin and provide a fresh look. Fruit extracts fight free radicals and prevent damage.
- The bronzing component works with your skin’s DHA and gives a darker tan.
- It contains green tea extracts to removes stretch marks.
- The lotion has an anti-aging formula.
- Natural oils give moisturizer to your body.
- It is very thick, so might feel heavy on the skin.
- You have to take extra care for even application.
Type of tanning lotion for men
Tanning lotions are designed to assist the tanning process. It speeds up the tanning and makes a bronze tanned body.
But it won’t protect you from all the harmful effects of the sun. For that reason, you need to put on SPF before exposing your body to the sun.
Men’s tanning lotion just has basic things. It prepares your body for tanning. It also hydrates and moisturizes your body.
Why tanning lotion is a better choice?
Tanning lotion is the best choice to get your body tanned. If you don’t tan with lotion, it may lead you to other problems. Tanning without lotion may cause early aging.
Tanning makes your body dry and rough so that you will need extra moisture. The lotion has a thick consistency and always gives an extra layer of nourishment to your skin.
If your skin is dehydrated, free radicals will damage your skin and will create wrinkles. Without using tanning lotion, you won’t get a well-tanned body, as it will turn out ashy. Plus, lotions also have antioxidants that give you extra protection.
So for all these reasons, it is better to choose a tanning lotion.
Key factors to consider before selecting tanning lotion
You need to keep in mind a few things before buying tanning lotion. Then it will be much more comfortable to buy the right product for your skin.
Here are some factors you must consider:
Selecting the product in comparison with your skin type is necessary. You must consider the type of your skin and then select the product.
If you have sensitive skin, later try to buy a lotion that is made with natural ingredients. Chemicals tend to irritate your skin, and sensitive skins are more prone to reactions.
If you have dry skin, then choose a lotion that provides extra moisturizer. Tanning usually makes your body drier, so you must have some additional protection against dryness.
Look for the ingredient list before purchasing your lotion. Try to buy a product that has natural ingredients. Harsh chemicals often irritate your skin and cause other skin issues.
If you are getting an outdoor tan, make sure your lotion has SPF in it. SPF will protect your skin up to a certain limit.
The lotion should have at least SPF 15 to protect your skin from the harsh rays of the sun.
Is tanning lotion necessary?
Ans: Yes, tanning lotion is the most important thing before you go for tanning. Your skin needs that extra hydration and protection that you will get from the lotion.
Is tanning lotion water-proof?
Ans: Yes, most of the tanning lotions are waterproof. As tans tend to fade away with sweating, swimming in a chlorine-based pool, water, etc. that’s why most manufacturers make a waterproof formula.
Can tanning lotion cause acne?
Ans: Usually, tanning lotions don’t break you out. But it might clog pores in sensitive skins.
Can tan lotion cause a rash?
Ans: If you have very sensitive skin, then you might get skin rash. Go through the ingredient list before purchasing your lotion.
I recommend the Die Hard Black Ed Hardy Maximum Bronzing Indoor Tanning Lotion.
As I mentioned, it is better to pick a lotion that has natural ingredients. This lotion is chemical-free and made with natural ingredients.
It also has an anti-aging formula. Natural oils like hemp oil, macadamia oil give smooth skin.
You also don’t have to worry about your skin’s dryness. With this price point, this lotion is the best choice for you.